Did You Forget To File Your Taxes? We Can Help.

Did You Forget To File Your Taxes? We Can Help.

Taxes are a fact of life in the U.S.A. We can help you face facts.

If you haven’t filed your taxes for years and you don’t have the records or bookkeeping necessary to file those taxes, you don’t need to worry any more, you need good tax advice and a strategy of what to do in your struggle with the IRS.

Are you worried about the IRS coming after you for your unfiled tax returns? The most important thing is having these returns prepared and filed correctly. RMS Tax Consulting LLC prepares your returns correctly by obtaining your records from the IRS to see exactly what information the IRS has concerning your income. The worst thing you could do is file your tax returns and fail to show 1099’s and W2’s that you’ve received several years ago. This is the main reason why it is essential to have RMS Tax pull your history from the IRS to see what income has been reported on your behalf.

The IRS has several ways to figure out which taxpayers have not filed their taxes. The IRS now teams up with a number of states to combat tax avoidance. They check state records to see if you did not file your federal returns.

With the superior technology these days, the IRS has updated their computer systems. These systems scan daily to verify which individuals have returns that are missing for certain years. This is the reason why they are able to catch more people that have not filed taxes in several years. Everyone has a reason as to why they were unable to file their taxes. Many people state that they didn’t know they had to file, they forgot to file, and they thought somebody else filed for them or that they even filed for an extension of time. These reasons will not matter to the IRS. Their job is solely to get you to file your taxes so they may assess high penalties and interest to collect from you.

The only way the IRS can assess taxes against you is if you file your own tax returns or if the IRS files a substitute return on your behalf. The IRS will generally file a substitute return for you if they have a record that you earned income but there is no return filed within two years. You don’t want the IRS to file a return on your behalf; the IRS will include all of your income, but will purposely fail to include all of your deductions, which results in owing more money than you actually need to pay. If the IRS has filed substitute returns for you the solution to this is to simply have RMS Tax prepare correct returns for you to bring your debt to a lower amount.

When the IRS catches up with you, they will send you an automated letter asking you to file the years you haven’t filed. In more severe cases, your file will be transferred to an IRS Revenue Officer. Everything then becomes much more complicated. A Revenue Officer is very aggressive and also has the ability to audit you as soon as they receive your returns. If you have received an automated letter, we highly suggest that you have RMS Tax prepare these unfiled taxes before your file is sent to a Revenue Officer. The IRS will require that you file your tax returns immediately. In most instances, this is difficult to accomplish, especially under duress.

RMS Tax has a direct portal into the IRS’ computer system, which allows us immediate access to your confidential records without raising any red flags. Our knowledge of the IRS gives us the background that the IRS requires in order to grant us access to their confidential taxpayer records. After your unfiled returns are processed by the IRS, you may have additional taxes that you owe to the IRS. If you can’t pay these taxes, we are also able to solve this problem for you with quite a few options. With our services, we can possibly have you declared currently non-collectible, submit an offer in compromise, negotiate an installment agreement or even file for an abatement of penalties. As you can see, with our great deal of experience, you need to contact RMS Tax immediately to handle all your tax return needs.

Call Richard Schickel today at 520-448-3531 to get started.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *