Owe IRS under $50,000? Get Easy Pay Plan Here

Owe IRS Under $50,000? Get Easy Pay Plan Here.

If you are in trouble with the IRS and owe back taxes, you can get an easy pay plan if you follow the instructions here. Easy pay plans are routinely granted with little or no review of your finances.

When a taxpayer fails to meet his or her federal tax obligations to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), he or she has a number of options available to meet that obligation and avoid an IRS levy. One such option is to request that the IRS and the taxpayer enter into an agreement whereby the taxpayer will pay his or her liability on a monthly basis over a set period of time. This is also known as an installment agreement, and such agreements can be obtained through filing Form 9465-FS with the IRS.

If the tax liability in question is greater than $25,000 but less than or equal to $50,000, and the taxpayer is unable to meet his or her tax obligation, Form 9465-FS is the appropriate form to file when requesting to enter into an installment agreement. That said, the form can be used by all taxpayers to request an installment agreement if they so choose. While installment agreements are typically limited to 72 months in duration, under certain circumstances the IRS may grant special dispensations to those that need to spread out the payments over a longer period. The IRS may also grant dispensations comparable to offers in compromise, where the full amount owed to the IRS is reduced as part of the payment plan. That said, be mindful that this does not necessarily mean that the amount originally owed is expunged, and such matters should be addressed with an experienced tax attorney.

Taxpayers should bear in mind that there are a number of financial remedies available depending upon the taxpayer’s particular circumstances. Offers in compromise may be available, as well as non-governmental remedies; for example, merely taking out a loan or putting the tax liability on a credit card may be a better option depending upon the terms of the installment agreement offered by the IRS. Form 9465-FS can be found at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f9465.pdf. To file Form 9465-FS, the taxpayer must do so on paper and attach it to the tax return being submitted to the IRS, or alternatively mail the form on its own to the address shown in the Form 9465-FS instructions. See Internal Revenue Service, Instructions for Form 9465-FS, available at http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i9465fs/ch01.html#d0e21.

Above all, bear in mind that decisions as to whether to enter into an installment agreement should involve serious consideration in consultation with an experienced tax professional. Such professionals are available in a number of forums, including a tax attorney, the Taxpayer Advocate Service, and other third-party professionals.

Requesting an installment agreement in this way is easy. We recommend it if you have steady income. If you do not give RMS Tax Consulting a call and we might be able to get you a better deal or have a plan where you pay nothing on your taxes, because you have limited or irregular income. We are tax experts and know the ways we can use the IRS laws to help you. Call us at 520-448-3531

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *